fsi Index du Forum
fsi Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Restaurant fads you're tired of?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    fsi Index du Forum -> fsi -> bistro
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jamespotter

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Mai - 11:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Restaurant fads you're tired of? Répondre en citant

HI,

I swear I was going to ask this question even before reading this morning's NYT restaurant review of Eighty One, where Frank Bruni chides a restaurant he otherwise likes for having both Veal Three Ways and Lamb Three Ways on its menu. But that's precisely what would be my first nominee, especially since I'm tired of hearing myself cursing the ubiquitously creamy, soggy, overdressed mess that is the mainstream version of the once noble caesar salad. Maybe I am jaded because the first example of this I ever had, a dish also called Lamb Three Ways, was a poorly done version at the Black Sheep Bistro in Tustin, California, a restaurant much beloved by local wine-o's for the chef-proprietor's friendly BYO policy but at which I never had a dish I couldn't have prepared better myself. Including this one. I can't remember precisely what my complaints were it was so long ago (perhaps ten years), except that I thought that each element only got a third of the chef's normal attention and that the cumulative effect was less than 100%. It was, in short, a gimmick. And not a good one. I have since steered very clear of other such two- and three-way gimmicks except in circumstances where I have not been given another option. Your nominations?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://forums.wineloverspage.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15796
Motion graphics video animation company

Thanks!

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Mai - 11:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
   bistro
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template higlightSilver created by larme d'ange